}
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
i can feel it dying
My PC at home is going kaput again. Despite the 256 ram I recently bought and installed, I can still feel it drawing every breath possible just to boot up. It takes ten million years before it actually brings me to the desktop. It's a kind of frustration that is absolutely undescribable. Oh and especially when I want to update Eliot? Opening iTunes is such a chore! When I had it reformatted last year, the smart-ass tech person placed Windows in my 10G HD instead of my 20G one. Such a fist-clencher.

Now here comes the hard part. I know I need to reformat it and have Windows in its rightful place. I know I need to back-up every last bit of what I currently have on my hard drive. That's a gazillion songs, photos and fonts. Moreover, I think I've lost some hardware drivers.

Gaaah.
dezphaire strapped in @ 10:00 AM  

5 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    then again there's this lovely new thing out called the macbook hehehe :)

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger qroon said…

    Windows is fine provided you keep malwares out, like updated anti-virus and anti-adwares. Use bittorrent instead ok Kazaa and the likes. You can optimize the boot-up of Windows by removing those programs that load on start-up. As for RAM, the more the better. For me, 512 MB is the standard for home use. For I.T. guys like me, I prefer 1 GB of RAM (RAM is cheap today). Better yet, ditch Windows and install Linux, he he he.

    Btw, apester I used to go with the nick x86 on PhilMUG's forum and I was flamed for that. Guess what, Macs are using Intel processors today :)

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe about time Eliot can get a new buddy? Mac Laptop maybe? In case, what would u call it?

    Avoid visiting blogs with audio/video or you'll be stucked in the aerie for life.

    "patience is always a virtue", diba?

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    apester: hahaha. sorry dude, i'm a PC girl. it's so frustrating for me to even try to use a mac.

    qroon: and for me to do all that, i think i need to reformat first... which is the primary barrier of this very, very tamad girl.

    K: i'm just going to end up paying someone to do all this... hehe. tamad talaga!

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger qroon said…

    my wife or me can do it for free, or pro'lly coffee :)

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger