}
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
little girl goal
When I was a kid, I loved the sound of the typewriter. I'd watch my mom and dad click away. And then after each line, there'd be that almost magical ching! like it was a prize for typing nice and fast or something. It amazed me how their fingers could clatter about the keys, mindlessly, but making sense. I was a little girl hypnotized by it all. I wanted to make that same fast clicking sound. I wanted to be like my dad.

I did my first short story on the typewriter. I couldn't type as fast as my dad and I had to use loads of them correction tapes. So when I got to high school, I was ecstatic that we had typing class. Shallow, I know. But it was a childhood thing. I had to accomplish it. I felt that my piano lessons worked to my advantage. Hehe. Fast forward through college and into the corporate world, I type fairly fast and pretty accurately now. It helps when you're a prolific notetaker. At least I've got one of my life goals down, no matter how miniscule it is.

And just to make me feel better about this, I took an online typing test. According to this site, I type an average of 78 words per minute, with an accuracy rate of 97%. Care to try it too?
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:41 AM  

12 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got 78% so freaking lousy. Well I just woke up, that's why. But honestly my typing skills are bad and when I was a kid everytime I see an office with a typewriter, I thought people who works there were rich and super talented people.

    Buti super rich na ako kasi I'm using a laptop na pero bobo dahil ang hirap mag type. Hahaha.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger yuri said…

    43 wpm, 95% too slow.. hahaha tuch typing powers i guess and lots of typo. hahaha. kakapressure!

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    learning how to type was the only skill my mother insisted i learn. i wonder why she was so adamant haha.

    91% accuracy but only 67 wpm. had a strange lag.

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger vina said…

    i also love the sound of the typewriter, dez! and even with the computer keyboard. i like hearing the sound of the keys being pressed and clicked.

    there's just something magical about it...

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    K: retake mo nalang. i won't tell :)

    yuri: at least 95% - quality over quantity. hehe.

    apester: maybe she wanted to pass on a little girl dream. hehe.

    vina: true! the IT guys at the office wanted to replace my clack-ity keyboard with a new one which was almost flat. i totally didn't want it coz it lost the clicking. lol.

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    oooo... magic fingers :)

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i did so poorly...pero interesting test :)

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too bad wala ng CHING sound sa pc...

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    wow~ ang bilis...sana ako rin...try ko yan next time, nasa work ako ngayon, eh...hehe...
    fave ko rin ang typing lesson no'n sa high school ate saka steno class...

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger rudyman said…

    got 65 wmp 100 percent accuracy pero dami backspace hehe. pabasa ng short stories mo. :)

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    What? 78 words/min when I can only best manage a pathetic 20? You must have very fast fingers (and a fast brain).

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooh, your post reminded me of a memorable and touching pic i had with my dad when i was just a kid. i remember that he was busily typing on his typewriter when i climbed up his lap and messed up the page because i immediately typed away. :lol:

    good thing my mom caught that kodak moment. :)

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger