}
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
a problem with Levi
Or shall I say Levi's. My Levi's. Dark wash, semi-boot leg, low-rise. The jeans that have fit me incredibly since college. Notice the past tense? Nowadays, if I wanted to wear them, I need to tummy-in like anything to get the button them up. Goddamn. There's a muffin top over it now. And damn big hips (and butt) that seem to not be aligned with the objective of staying slim.

Okay fine, I don't exercise. Well, at least not regularly. There's the occassional gym and badminton. I do however, eat only a half cup of rice per meal. Even less. My life is riddled with stress. I don't even like chocolates. I think I have to face the fact that I am growing old and my metabolism is out for revenge. For being overworked and sped up for the past 20-something years.

I don't know if this is a good thing - but people always say that I don't get fat. Oh I must say it is an optical illusion. And then they laugh at me to dismiss that so-called joke. It may not be seen. But it is oh-so felt. By Levi, primarily. And my other pants. My Mango trousers are screaming... you're not a size 4 anymore so stop it! For some reason, the fat cells love the hip and butt area. My hypothesis for my seemingly unnoticable gainage would be that the upper body is devoid of this growth. Which brings me to my wishful thinking - wouldn't it be great if there was some natural fat relocation program? "I'm sorry, the posterior area is fully booked at the moment. We do however have vacancies a some floors above - may we suggest the chest area?"

It's always a frustration, isn't it? I for one, am never contented with me. Sure at some point the confidence overrides the imperfections and there is some form of acceptance. But later on, you're suddenly awakened by the recollection that hey oh yeah my hips are improportional to the rest of my body. In this quest for contentment, I have actually gone back to gyming and badminton. Okay fine, not fully into it yet, but I am taking the pains of these so-called slimming activities. Now there's another thing - PAIN. The "No pain, no gain" thing is totally not working here. First of all, the objective is to lose. No gaining. Stop the gaining.

So here it shall all boil down to: I shall face that fact that I can't stay skinny forever. Dangnabbit.
dezphaire strapped in @ 5:19 PM  

11 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger vina said…

    haha! i can certainly relate to the it-may-not-be-seen-but-oh-so-felt thing.

    like you, i've been doing almost everything to lose some weight, to no avail.

    well, actually, i'm lying. i'm just eating less. that's all. no exercise of any form. the only exercise i know is our favorite pastime,"malling".

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger yuri said…

    i've watched it on e! before. Dr. 90210. what he did was to transfer her belly fats down her ass. i wish i could do that. love levi's too and f&h.. the only jeans to whom i get the cut that i like.

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i don't get exercise, feel ko kasi lalo akong tumataba pag nag-eexercise ako. lagi kasi akong gutom pag nag exercise then napapansin ko lang ang binti ko ang unang lumalaki lalo kong di maisuot ang jeans ko.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger vina said…

    hmmmm, talaga? sabi ni yuri maganda ang fit ng f&h? ma-try nga.

    there was an oprah episode where she and selected women (of different shapes) were in quest for the perfect jeans. the "jeans expert" said that, unless we're lucky, we really will be trying on a looooot of pairs before finding the perfect fit.

    me, i'm still trying to find the perfect one, but i don't think those P8K and above jeans will be in my list.

     
  • At 2:45 AM, Blogger j said…

    Ugh, I'm gaining more and more pounds each day. Blame it on my night outs with hubby D. We're out eating everyday!
    I have only 2 jeans left - the ones that still fit - my MNG and F&H, great fit!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    argh! i'm in the same predicament! :lol:

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i don't exercise too.. i'm such a lazy bum, but i do need to lose those pounds.. ohhh how hard is it to be a woman? lolz

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger qroon said…

    Malditah, it's not hard to be a woman (or a man). What is hard is to live/follow the society's standards/trends of people must be skinny to be sexy and pretty :)

    I'm chubby, and sexy! he he he

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger she said…

    hey your body looks FINE!!

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    dear all: thanks for the comments! i was actually on the road to fitness last week. i went to the gym and i played badminton. BUT, along came the weekend and we went to a Fiesta in Lian, Batangas. we ate loads and loads of food! so now i really feel the fat-ness coming along. GAD.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    um... dez... big hips is a 'good-sexy' thing :P

    no worries~

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger